Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places

This is something that really honks me off. Women. I think Flounder said it best in "Animal House". "Women, you cant live with them, you cant live without them". Now, look, I admit to looking at a pretty lady every once in a while but I just dont think I have anything in common with the opposite sex. Im really not the dating type. Im very complex when it comes to this because in one breath I would really like a girlfriend, someone to talk to and hang out with. On the other hand, I just dont want to be tied down right now. Maybe dating is not meant to be for me because I just know that I would be paranoid all the time. Now, I want to stress paranoid but not controlling. I mean you would have a beautiful girl dating me. Why? Im not exactly Brad Pitt or Bradley Cooper.
Im not going to lie. New Year's Eve or Valentine's Day isnt exactly a great day that I look forward too. Not only did my grandmother pass away on Dec. 30,2010 but I never really had anybody to spend New Year's Eve or Valentine's Day with. Its actually very lonely for me but I deal with it. Even if I was trying to look for someone, where would I look? I really dont want to use the internet to find someone because you never know who's crazy on there. That also goes for personnals in the newspaper as well. I just know that I would be very nervous talking around women and blow it. I try to be upbeat and funny and tell jokes, as you well know, but I wonder if my jokes would fly. If you say be yourself, thats fine but I dont think many women would want me to recite the Super Bowls(Note to self, I have to keep up with that).
Are there any single women out there that just want to have fun, date and talk and stuff? I'll be honest, I really dont have any intentions on getting married right now. I feel sometimes that I never want to get married. I just need me time, you know? Im not knocking marriage and I wish people who are married or about to get married all the luck in the world but I dont think its for me. It just seems like a lot of hoopla and stress with getting married. I know Im probably wrong with that assumption.
Let me ask you, do you guys see me with someone? It would be nice to have someone to talk to or call all the time but I dont know. I remember on the series premiere of "Friends" Joey and Chandler encouraging Ross to "grab a spoon" when talking about how there are so many ice cream flavors out there and equating that to women. I dont know if Im ready to "grab a spoon". Knowing my luck, if I did have ice cream and "grab a spoon", I would get a major headrush.

No comments: