Sunday, April 8, 2018

WrestleMania 34 Predictions

I figured for a change I'd actually blog about something that makes me happy and not so depressed. Well, if your a Wrestling fan like I am, today is a HUGE DAY as it's WrestleMania. The biggest wrestling event of the year. So, I thought if anybody is interested I will give you my predictions for WrestleMania.
Let's start with the top matches and work our way down.

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar. I don't know for sure if Lesnar is leaving or not for UFC but it seems like Reigns has been the anointed one for forever. I don't even think that some of the WrestleMania crowd will turn on Lesnar. I think Reigns wins The Championship and WrestleMania goes off the air with the crowd booing for the 3rd year in a row.

Triple H/Stephanie McMahon vs. Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey. I think this could be a good match as I think HHH/Angle will do the heavy lifting. Rousey has been up and down for me as sometimes she's serious and other times she can't smile enough,(see,The Royal Rumble). I do think Angle and Rousey win but I think HHH/McMahon lay out Angle and Rousey maybe setting up a match at Summerslam. I can't see them losing and then what do you do with Rousey in the meantime considering Stephanie is The Commissioner?

AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. This could be a lot of fun. From what I say, the buildup to this really didn't really blow me over. I think AJ is going to win because I don't think WWE is fully behind Nakamura. He won The Royal Rumble but something has been off since he got to Smackdown. Hasn't helped that his feud Ziggler and Mahal was lousy.

Shane McMahon/Daniel Bryan vs. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. It seems WWE finally got the match they wanted. I would think and hope this is the blowoff feud. I've been some that think Shane or Bryan will turn heel. I hope not. Shane is too popular plus I see that on Raw with Stephanie. WWE turning Bryan would make no sense. He is one of the most popular superstars in years. I want to say Shane and Daniel win, Daniel has another feel good moment in The Superdome but something tells me Kevin and Sami might win. What if Shane is taken out and it's 2 on 1? Why not, I'll go with Bryan and Shane to win.

John Cena vs. The UnderTaker. Obviously The UnderTaker will be there as they've been promoting it. I think Cena has acted like a big baby in this angle. He didn't what he wanted so he challenges The UnderTaker.  He did it for himself and not the fans. How many times did he say I don't mind going to WrestleMania as a fan yet he still challenged The UnderTaker. I think Kid Rock plays American Badass and The UnderTaker comes out they have physical, short match, think Goldberg/Lesnar last year and The UnderTaker wins.

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair. This, again, could be a show stealer. I don't think they end the streak. Why would they. Say if Charlotte ends The Streak how can Asuka get her revenge if there on different shows? Maybe have Asuka win and have Charlotte start a heel turn on Smackdown, frustrated she couldn't end the streak.Charlotte, and I agree with what I've read, that she's been spinning her wheels on Smackdown so a heel turn could be good. Now, Asuka being a champion with Alexa Bliss. Maybe Alexa AND Nia move in The Superstar Shakeup.

Braun Strowman and a Mystery Partner vs. The Bar. We don't know who The Mystery Partner is but it's been rumored to be a bunch of different guys. Me, I'm going with Samoa Joe.  Maybe Joe gets his team DQ'd and we have Strowman vs. Joe after WrestleMania which would be pretty cool. Yeah, I'll go with that. The Bar wins by DQ.

The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day vs. The Usos. I think this should be a good match but I don't think The New Day need The Tag Title. I also think they've been pushing The Bludgeon Brothers hard so I think they win The Tag Team Championship.

The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins. This could be another sleeper. I don't by Miz's babyface comments. I think he's going to do something sneaky and win the match. I do think Balor and Rollins fight toe to toe and Miz sneaks in with the victory. Maybe Balor moves to Smackdown? I do think Miz wins, breaks The IC Title record and then finally have the dream match between him and Daniel Bryan.

Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev vs. Randy Orton. I agree with some people that Mahal has cooled off. I do think that if he wins, it will let the air out of the crowd. For the record, I like Jinder but he's been pushed badly. Roode seems off on Smackdown as well. That leaves Rusev and Orton.  I think Rusev gets one of the biggest pops of the night and I would be stunned if he doesn't win. Rusev wins and why not...it's Rusev Day.

Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss. I like the build to this but I don't think Nia wins the title. I expect Mickie James to get involved giving Alexa the advantage because I can see a lot of stalling by Bliss not wanting to face Jax. Like I mentioned, I don't think Nia wins The Championship as I can see Bliss knowing that she might lose The Title, runs and gets counted out.  Nia Jax wins by Countout..



The Andre The Giant Battle Royal on The Kickoff Show. I expect a few surprises plus an Elias song. Maybe one of the surprises win but I'll go with Bray Wyatt and he forms some type of Alliance with Matt Hardy

The Women's Battle Royal on The Kickoff Show. See above regarding The Men. I do think that Bayley eliminates Sasha Banks to win it and Sasha finally turns.

Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali on The Kickoff Show. Both guys have great offense. I honestly don't know. I do think Cedric is a name more fans are familiar with. I'll go with Cedric to win The Cruiserweight Championship after a good, hard fought match.

No comments: