Sunday, December 9, 2007

What's Wrong with Videotape?

Have you noticed over the past 5 yrs. the DVD has skyrocketed but the videotape industry seems to have stalled? I understand that this is a DVD age and almost everyone has a DVD but what's wrong with videotape. I understand that DVD's sell well and their's a ton of tv shows, movies, music shows, etc. on DVD. You could buy a whole series of Seinfeld or Friends for your own personal collection. I also understand that the DVD gives you better picture quality and more info. like commentary and deleted scenes. The only problem with DVD's and a DVD player is that the cost could be very high. I think DVD's cost more than VCR's although I could be wrong. Also, have you seen the price of some of these DVD's? They run you 50 or 60 bucks. That to me I can't understand. If you tape the 3rd season of Seinfeld via VCR, that would be cheaper than to buy the 3rd season of Seinfeld on DVD. I don't see really what the difference is. I mean, I guess if you could afford a DVD player you could afford DVD's. I don't see what the big deal is videotaping something. Your seeing less and less things available on videotape and more on DVD. I'm not talking about TV shows, I'm talking about movies or concerts or anything to do with sports. I just think if you can afford it you should get a DVD player but if you can't their's nothing wrong with videotape.

No comments: